Steps Schools Can Take
- Teach about healthy vs. unhealthy relationships (dating violence) in health classes and across the curriculum.
- Educate all school staff and administrators.
- Raise awareness about teen dating violence in your school (poster contests, fundraising for domestic violence organizations, Silent Witness assemblies, plays, or events as part of community service, etc)
- Make it clear that it is acceptable to talk about dating violence at school.
- Review and revise school policies toward dating violence, focusing on keeping students safe.
National Teen Dating Violence Awareness & Prevention Month is February